Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding Extravaganza

My Loyal Readers,

Most little girls at some point in their childhood dream of being a princess, me included. So, why would I pass up the chance to see another girl get her shot in becoming a princess? Yes, I was one of those people who woke up to watch the Royal Wedding. While I didn't wake up for the beginning of the process at 3 AM, I did wake up at about 5:45. I am running on about 3 hours of sleep right now, but it was so worth getting up to watch. Prince William and Kate Middleton, or the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, are absolutely precious. You can tell how in love they are.

Courtesy: ABC, GMA


You can scoff at the Royal Wedding and be tired of seeing it on the news, but it is so neat to see history in the making. I watched it "live" on the news for a longer amount of time than I will admit to. Those of you who watched can share this with your future children or grandchildren.The pageantry of the whole thing was wonderful to watch. Kate's dress was absolutely stunning. She stepped out of the car and my jaw dropped. The dress is so similar to what I want someday, in fact, it reminds me of my great grandmother's dress. What really impressed me was that she did her own hair and makeup! Westminster Abbey looked flawless. I loved how they brought in natural plants and trees to give the wedding a classic and elegant look. I am sure many brides are wishing that their wedding would go off without a hitch just like the Royal Wedding!

Courtesy: People, Nick Edwards

I must say that one of my favorite moments was when Kate was walking down the aisle and Prince William and Prince Harry were facing the back of the Abbey with their backs to her. You could tell William was antsy wanting to look at her, because he kept fidgeting. Harry would turn around and smile and tell Will about her. You could read his lips with parts of what he was saying, "She's coming" and "She's beautiful!" Finally, Will couldn't take it and turned to see her. The joy on his face was the sweetest thing. He seemed mesmerized by her... like a true fairytale! :)

Courtesy: Fox News

The crowd was magnificent at about 1.5 million people. I can't believe how well behaved they were. When, Kate said "I do" the crowd was watching on the screen outside. They cheered so loudly that the wedding party could hear the roar inside Westminster Abbey where Kate smiled at the sound. The sweet glances and smiles Will and Kate shared during the wedding were priceless!

Courtesy: AP, Oli Scarff

Courtesy: AP, Oli Scarff

Courtesy: Getty Images, Christopher Furlong

The wedding was one hour long and the procession leaving was just about as long. Kate walked in as a commoner and left as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She will also be called a princess on occasion as far as I understood. They rode in a carriage made in the early 1900's leaving the Abbey. The happy couple waved to the crowd and grinned from ear to ear the whole way to Buckingham Palace. Her sister, Pippa, Prince Harry, and the children rode in carriages as well... as did Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.

Courtesy: People, Toby Melville
Courtesy: AP, John Super
Courtesy: Fox News

The long awaited moment by the crowd was the kiss from the balcony where the couple and the royal family gathered. People camped out for DAYS in order to have a spot to see this moment. They got a kiss... two in fact!
Courtesy: Fox News

Courtesy: AP, Matt Dunham
The Royal Wedding was absolutely beautiful. It's like a modern Cinderella story.

Courtesy: Getty Images, Sean Gallup

Now just for fun, find out your Royal Wedding name. Start with Lord or Lady. Your first name should be one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet and the last part is the name of the street you grew up on. Have fun!


Yours truly,
Lady Eloise Gracie of Kensington

No comments:

Post a Comment