Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year Around the Corner

This year has been a crazy ride! I started this blog earlier in the year having no expectations and I have been amazed at the amount of people who read it around the world. I don't know who you are, but thank you for reading!

There are so many things I did in 2011 that I never expected to do. I went on my first service trip out of the country to the absolutely beautiful and friendly Belize. It was such an awesome trip and I'm so glad I went. I finally went to Washington, D.C., too. It's kind of funny that I went to my own country's capital AFTER venturing outside of the nation. Oh well, I loved DC!

I'm only half way through my junior year of college and I must say it has been my favorite semester of college so far. It hasn't been easy, but I finally made Dean's List! After being so close to making it... literally within less than a point from a 3.5 several times... I am so happy I finally did. It just topped off the semester where I got my Meredith Onyx, another opportunity I didn't know if I could have. Thank you to those of you who supported me throughout this fast paced semester and my angry rants of frustration. :-D


My faith has grown so much over this past year. I feel like I have a better connection with God, but I know it will be something I work on my entire life. There is a perfect Bible verse for this: John 3:30 -- "He must become greater; I must become less." I still struggle as all Christians do, but it takes being willing to let it all go to God and focus on Him more than myself. It's HARD. God can handle all of my struggles and bring me even more blessings than I can imagine. I need to let Him do that and praise Him!

It has been a crazy, winding year with family and friends. Not all of that has been what I expected, but God has a plan and I am along for the ride. Who knows what will come in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment