Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall in Love With Fall

Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love how the leaves crunch under my feet, the cool weather, the smell of the air, and the fact that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner!

October is always an especially busy month for me! My birthday is in October and I turned the big 2-0 this year. You're not old until you're 80 as far as I'm concerned, but talking to little kids sure can make me feel that way!

I went to Washington D.C. over fall break and stayed with my cousin, his wife, and their baby boy. I took the train up, which was a first. Now, I can say confidently that I will be using the train again in the future. It was so much fun and I was able to get a ton of work done while riding. While I was in D.C. my cousin introduced me to a lot of people who work with the government. I am interested in working for the government when I graduate, so that was very insightful.... and exciting! :) Praying I can get an internship next summer! The rest of the trip he and his wife showed me around D.C. and we got to catch up on life. I loved seeing them and getting to know D.C. a little more!



Union Station - Photography: KES
 
Union Station - Photography: KES
 
Back of White House - Photography: KES


Jefferson Memorial - Photography: KES


Jefferson Memorial - Photography: KES

Lincoln Memorial - Photography: KES


Atlantic side of the World War II Memorial - Photography: KES

 
Washington Monument - Photography: KES

Next week is going to be very eventful for me!!! I finally get the long awaited Meredith College Onyx ring. To get the Onyx you have to have a junior level class status which is at least 60 hours. I have been blessed to have help in getting mine! They are extremely expensive, but the Onyx is famous to alumnae and people who know about Meredith. I have heard of women getting jobs, because the interviewer not only liked her resume, but because she recognized her Onyx and knew that MereCo has excellent students! I have also heard of Meredith girls traveling around the world and people recognized the ring. How cool is that?! Even though I pick my ring up at the beginning of the week I'm not allowed to wear it until the ceremony at Ring Dinner next Friday! SO EXCITED!



The morning after Ring Dinner I am getting up to go with a very good friend to a Hot Air Balloon Festival! I love hot air balloons and am very excited to see them all! I would love to ride in one, but the tickets were just a little expensive for my college student budget! :) There will be concerts that day and a corn maze that night!


Hot air balloon I chased one afternoon :) - Photography: KES

Now I just need to remember that I am a student and have work to do... pictures to come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment