Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

Things don't always go the way we plan them, but God's got a plan for us that is better than what we can imagine. This time of year reminds me to be thankful for all that I have. Even with how unsettled my life feels at the moment I know that God has me in His hand. A few verses from Psalm remind us about true thanksgiving:

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
~ Psalm 100: 4-5

Just a few things I am grateful for...

My Savior
                      family
                                                        good friends
                                                                                               laughter
               the grace God gives me
                                                                        sunshine
 unwavering protection
                                                            this season of giving


I don't remember to give thanks as often as I should. What are you thankful for? Write them down even if they are just for you to read. Even better, share them with people. There is so much we have to be thankful for yet we forget to say something as simple as "thank you," "I appreciate you," or "I love you."


A Child's Prayer - we should take note :)

Really do take the time to give thanks and be grateful. We all have something to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment