Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Isaiah 6:8

Over the past few months I have been drawn to this Bible verse:

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"
Isaiah 6:8
I have always enjoyed helping people, but this verse takes it a step farther. As a Christian I should be the FEET of Christ. I need to show others who God is by my actions. I have always tried to model a Christian life, but this verse just reaffirms that. A good friend of mine told me not that long ago that I (or anyone) may be the only Jesus a person ever knows... make sure your actions show Him.

I have always wanted to go on an international mission/service trip. The ones that I have looked into in the past just didn't seem to be timed right. A particular one peaked my interest a few months ago. From the first time I heard about it I felt drawn to it. I attended every information meeting. I mulled over the idea and decided that there was no way I could afford it. God had other plans for me.

The more I tried to avoid thinking about the trip and convincing myself that it wouldn't work, the more I felt drawn to it. It was like a magnet was drawing me to the trip. I finally did what I should have done in the first place... PRAY!

I prayed that I would ultimately do what was the will of God. I prayed for God to "send me." If it wasn't meant to be, I also prayed that He would use me somewhere else. I sent out letters to family and friends asking for support on my journey as the next step. I also did fundraising. The prayers and donations that I have received are amazing. As the saying goes, "Where there's a will, there's a way!"

I will be leaving very soon for this mission/service trip and this verse will definitely be on my mind. I hope that everything I do shows that I am a witness to Christ and that I can have a lasting impact on others. Please pray that everything I do is God's will and that I will be the feet of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment